Monday, February 14, 2011

School Parties

I've always enjoyed being a room mom for one of my kids. This year, it's 6th grade. Sometimes, this can be a challenge. Finding easy, fast ideas for a party that they think is interesting can be a challenge. They don't want to play baby games or make cheesy crafts (I like cheesy crafts, *sniff*). But, thanks to a little inspiration from sis & bff, I prepared a craft they found challenging, but capable of. We painted wood blocks and glued on a patterned paper and word cutout. The kids had a blast, and I'm sure a few of their mom's loved the gift.

We also gave them the assignment to bring a Valentine box/container already decorated. They sure did a good job. I got a few pictures of some very creative boxed. And, you gotta love the ability they have to do. it. themselves!



1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great craft for the older kids! My oldest is in 2nd so I got away with "CUPID" bingo and they all loved it. I can only imagine how much more creative you gotta be when they're older and can do more :)

    ReplyDelete