Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Make-It Monday: Bean Bags

Yes, I know it's not Monday. I had this ready last week, and really tried to post it yesterday, but the day got away from me. (Back to School night that I was helping with as part of the PTA.)

So, here's yesterday's project: Bean Bags.

Now, I don't like to piece quilts, so I don't keep super small scraps of fabric. But, I like to use things up, so bean bags are a small item that I like to make to use up material.

1. Cut out pairs of 5" squares. (I like 1/2" seams for most my projects, especially ones that kids will play with and beat up.)


2. With fabrics right sides together, sew a 1/2" seam leaving a 2" opening.



3. Turn right sides out.


4. Fill. They are called bean bags and typically filled with beans, but I like something a little smaller, like split peas or lentils. You can use whatever you'd like, even rice. A funnel comes in handy here, but only if filling with smaller item like the peas, lentils, or rice - beans won't fit. Fill each bag with 1/2 cup of filling.


5. Stitch the hole closed, close to the edge, being careful to keep the filling (my peas) out of the way.


And there you have it. Easy bean bags. These are not the ones that go with last weeks bean bag toss, I already had some star patterned ones. These are just some leftover. Wonder who I can give them to . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment