Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Wreath

Here's my latest version of a holiday wreath. Sorry for the lack of pictures, and the poor quality of the pictures I do have. But it's easy enough without more.
First, take a metal hanger, and with strong wire cutters, cut off the hook. Bend into a heart, and duct tape the ends together. My ends are actually on one flat side. I just overlapped them an inch and taped.
Cut fabric into 1x4" strips and leave all the edges raw. I don't remember how much fabric I used, but I think it was 1/2 yard of each of the two patterns. Proceed to tie the pieces around the heart form in any pattern. You could do 2 or 3 of each, or alternate every other one. You can tie in a know, or fold the strip in half and loop the ends through.
When you've covered the hanger, evenly spread out the strips, and fluff your fabric.
This wreath was so quick and easy, I thought I'd try a different holiday. The clover was harder to bend into shape, but it turned out cute. I tend to push all the fabric to the outside to make the clover shape more distinguishable. On this one, I didn't even cut off the hanger hook. I just straightened it and that became the clover's stem.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Vanessa here. I would love for you to share a tutorial on the hooded towels you make. I couldn't find your email anywhere so I thought I would just comment here. Email me and we can chat. vanessa.cam5@gmail.com

    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Vanessa
    The Sew*er, The Caker, The CopyCat Maker
    http://sewcakemake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the heart and clover turned out great! Thanks for sharing this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete