Monday, June 27, 2011

A Non-Sleepover Slumber Party

Yes, for her birthday, my daughter wanted a Slumber Party. Well, we don't do sleepovers, but a Slumber Party still sounded like a fun birthday party theme. It turned out to be very easy. Here's what we did . . .

First, any sleepover (and any party) needs the right food. I gave Katie the choice of pigs-in-blankets or pizza, and she chose the piggies. I made 2 versions, one hot dogs and cheese wrapped in a biscuit (I cut the hot dogs in 3rds) and one little sausages with no cheese.

Chips, fruit and dip (8 oz cream cheese with 1 jar marshmallow cream), and veggies and dip. Plus, fun drinks and cupcakes and ice cream.

I sewed up some quick pillowcases and each girl got to decorate one. I really love the new Sharpies I found. They look like they were designed for the new craze of coloring on Converse (or clothing). They're called Stained, and they are really bold color.


The girls each got to decorate their own mirror, because what girl doesn't need more glam in their life. You could just buy a mirror, even at the dollar store, but I opted to make these just to save a few dollars.


We also made our own hair elastics. I let the girls choose their own ribbon and tie them on an elastic, making pompom style ponytail elastics.

And finally, I set out some new, cheap makeup (dollar store!) and q-tips for application and let them play make-up and do each other's hair while watching a movie.


While not on my agenda, the party did end with a pillow fight.

A complete success. Katie had a blast, and the girls haven't even asked for a sleepover since. (2 weeks ago. Yeah, it's taken me a while to post. . .)

1 comment:

  1. Quite interesting share. Anyways, we also attended a fun party on last weekend. It was a wedding reception party that had been held at one of the local indoor wedding venues in DC. The food for this party was cooked by the team of a Spanish chef and it was just so tasty!

    ReplyDelete